Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - January 9, 2010

From over at GeneaMusings, Randy Seaver issues the lastest SNGF challenge!

"SNGF - so your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to...


1) Answer the question: Do you have a genealogical “superpower”? (i.e., a unique research ability or technique that helps you track down records or assemble conclusions that others can’t?) If so, what is it?

2) Tell us about it in a blog post, a comment to this post, a comment to Dean's post, or a comment to this post on Facebook or Twitter.

3) If you have a picture of yourself in superpower mode, please show it to us!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Here's my response:
1) I think I have one major genealogical "superpower", and that is in just knowing how to work a search engine. Oh yeah, my friends and family call me the search engine queen! It doesn't matter what you'd like to know, I am hitting a search engine!!! Just let me at the keyboard, and wham! Bam! Click! Click! And there's the answer to your question!!!

2) Well, I guess this is my post!

3) I don't have a photo of me using my super powers. As a matter of fact, they work best when no one, and no cameras, are around!

1 comment:

Greta Koehl said...

I enjoy reading your blog; to express my appreciation I have awarded you the Happy 101 Award which can be picked up at http://gretabog.blogspot.com/. (P.S. - Agree with you on how helpful knowing how to work a search engine is.)