Monday, January 4, 2010

Madness Monday - January 4, 2010

This is going to a brief post. Mainly because the first Monday of a New Year only brings about one maddening component to my life.

It's worse than any brick wall built by lack of evidence in reporting on any ancestor!

It's worse than forgetting my husband's birthday! [Although I'm really not sure how bad that wold be, I only know from experience how it feels if he forgets mine! tee-hee]

Worse than realizing it's April 14th and my income tax report must be filed by midnight the following day!

What could possibly be worse than that you ask???

Remembering, and FORGETTING that it is a New Year!

It will take me the better part of the month of January to remember to write 2010 when I am writing the date on ANYTHING rather than 2009!

I don't know what part of my brain refuses to accept the numerical change in a new year, but ever since I was a child, I have had this difficulty!

So, dear reader, if suddenly you find yourself reading a post that is dated for the curent day, but in 2009, unless I state otherwise, please realize that it is the Altzheimer's-like function that my brain takes on this time of year, and overlook it!!!

Now ... since it is 2010, I'd like to ask the question everyone seems to be contemplating these days... "Are you preparing in any way for 2012?"

Yes... that's the MADDENING question of the moment for me!

If the end of the world is coming, then let it come, with me blissfully unaware as I continue to probe and search and record my family history, and that of those who entrust that search in my care!  It is maddening to me that some of those who seem so otherwise sane are rushing about to build shelters, and stock up on food for 5 to 10 years! I may be naive, an ostrich with my head in the sand, but I will go out quite happily, thank you!

With one hand on my keyboard, and the other recording a census record!

No comments: