Today I'd like to take a look at one of my brick wall branches.
The Lewis family of Virginia.
1. Cynthia Ann Beane - b. 1959
2. Walter Maxwell Beane - b. 1937; m. Lois Velleda Dreher; Children: Cynthia, Velleda, David, Jefferey
5. Mary Elizabeth Faudree - b. 03Jun 1897, Sweet Springs, Monroe, WV; d. 01 Jan 1975, Clifton Forge, Alleghany, VA; m. John Monroe Bean - 01 Dec 1935, Covington, Alleghany, VA; Children: Walter, Edsel, Roy
10. Stephen Ledford Faudree - b. 08 Jul 1857, Sweet Springs, Monroe, [W]VA; d. 16 Jan 1929, Sweet Springs, Monroe, WV; M: Elizabeth Carnefix - 17 Dec 1879, Monroe Co., WV; Children: Ida, Bervie, Pearl, Gordon, Spurgeon, Roy, Faye, Mary, Zenna, Veda
21. Mary Margaret Wickline - b. 1831, Monroe Co. [W]VA; M: Richard C. Faudree 28 Oct 1856, Monroe Co., [W]VA; Children: Stephen, Unknown
43. Elizabeth Lewis - b. 1795, Virginia; M: Elijah Wickline [unknown]; Children: Jacob; Catherine; Cynthia; William; John; Mahala; Mary Margaret; Samuel; Anderson; Diana
I would love to find out more about this elusive Lewis family! Who were Elizabeth's parents? Where did they come from? Where was Elizabeth born? Did she have any siblings?
It is my sincere goal this year to uncover at least one clue to this mystery!