Sunday, December 20, 2009

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Come Sunday Morning

Per my usual self, I did not get on the computer last night. [We are snowed in with an official 36-inches of the white stuff. So last night, the dh and I settled on the sofa with some homemade sugar cookies, a mug of hot cocoa, and watched old Christmas movies!]

Randy issued the following challenge:

1) Pick out a genealogy-oriented gift for someone you know, admire, appreciate or love. It could be for a family member, someone in the genealogy community, or a friend or colleague. What would be your genealogy gift to them? [Note: you don't have to actually gift them, although it would be a nice thing to do!]

2) Tell us about it in a blog post on your own blog, in a comment to this blog post, or in a comment on Facebook to this post or a tweet.

Well, I can think of several persons I would like to give a genealogy-oriented gift to this year! But there is one in particular that stands out above all others.

She is my cousin, in Georgia. Well, actually, she is the granddaughter of my cousin!!! My aunts, great-granddaughter!!!

Mandy wasn't doing any genealogy just a few short years ago. Then she became enthusiastic about it, and I have helped to mentor her at times. Unfortunately, [for me - ha ha], she was, and is, a natural at research! She enthusiastically tackles any genealogical task, and accomplishes what seems to be the impossible when faced with a challenge!

Mandy works in real-estate, and does not have the time to perform genealogy as she really would like to. She has mentioned that she would like to become certified, and study more.

If I were able to gift Mandy with a special genealogical gift this year, I would make it a magical one! I would gift her with enough hours in each day to not only care for her family [which she does to perfection!], and perform her regular business, but to also have enough to perform the genealogy research she so loves! [She is much like me, in the respect that most of the fun in genealogy is in the research! The more challenging, the more fun it is! And the more rewarding it is to uncover that little speck of information you are searching for!]

So, my genealogy gift would be TIME!

And Mandy, I wish you the Merriest Christmas ever! And may all of your genealogy dreams come true!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I sure could use some more time...there certainly is not enough!!! Too many people to research and not enought time to document all the research I have done!!

I do wish you were closer too, that we could collaborate more, but it is a JOY to have you via email to bounce things off of and share with when I find them!!

It has been amazing these past 2+ years doing family research! It is so awesome to put together one's history and understand who and where you came from!!

Thank you for your inspiration and encouragement and passion!!

Mandy