Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Decorating - 2010

The wonderful Advent Calendar, which most of us have been participating in, this year has really inspired me to achieve some new heights in honoring my ancestors at Christmas.

I am going to do my very best to have a genealogy Christmas tree next year!

I have literally thousands of family photos in my files. Some going back to the 1850's. So...

...next year [2010] it is my sincere hope to take those photos, and decoupage [yes, I am one of those decoupager from the '70's!!!] my family photos onto Christmas bulbs! Tied onto the tree with scraps of authentic antique prints [calico's, plaids, etc] I think they would make wonderful ornaments!

I found a great site that actually spells out step-by-step instructions for making these ornaments here. I can't wait to get started!

I've Google'd "clear Christmas ornaments craft", and the sources for the clear bulb ornaments are pretty much endless!

I've enjoyeddoing a decorator-style tree for several years now. And I can envision this new tree, with my homemade crocheted snowflakes, and the family's facing peering from the branches! A beautiful star on the top of the tree!

My only problem???

Why didn't I think of this sooner and do it this year????

No comments: