Sunday, December 6, 2009

Advent Calendar - December 6 - Santa Claus



Did you ever send a letter to Santa?
Oh, my yes! I recall writing Santa at least every Christmas after I learned how to write up until I was about 9 or 10 years old! When I was 2nd through 5th grade at school, they used to have ”Santa Mail Day”, at our school. We would all write to Santa and there was a huge red and white mailbox that we would drop our letters into, and we were “guaranteed” that our letters would be sent straight to the North Pole to Santa!

Did you ever visit Santa and “make a list”?
Oh, I used to visit Santa every year, again until I was about 9 or 10. I never made a list, however, because I always knew exactly what I was going to ask for. That is until I sat upon his knee! Then I became all tongue-tied and shy! But how I loved to go visit Santa before Christmas!

Do you still believe in Santa Claus?
What kind of girl would I be if I didn’t still believe in Santa Claus?

Of course I believe in Santa Claus! He’s the one who makes me wake up at 2 a.m. on Christmas Morning, with a heart eager to wake up the rest of my family, and tiptoe into the living room and watch them each and every one open their gifts from him!

He’s the one who whispers in my ear “Don’t forget those who are less fortunate than you this year!”

He’s the one who brings the rosie cheeks to the little children all over the globe who awake on Christmas morning with a heart full of hope and anticipation!

Santa is all that’s good in the hearts of those who celebrate Christmas Day!

1 comment:

Sherry - Family Tree Writer said...

Great post! I need to make sure my granddaughters get to see Santa up close and personal!

Merry Christmas to you!