Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Advent Calendar - December 15- The Holiday Happenings!

Often times December to mid-January birthdays and anniversaries get over shadowed by the Christmas/ Hannukkah/ New Year Holidays. So we’re going to shine a spotlight on those family members and ancestors this time around. Select one or more December to mid-January birthdays and/ or anniversaries on your family tree. Write a short tribute to or memory of those birthday guys and gals and write a toast to the anniversary couples.



Having already written on this same subject [see our post for December 9, 2009 for the 86th COG here], betcha didn’t think I could come up with different folks, didya?

The above picture is of my granddaughter, Savannah Hope. She was born on January 4th, just a few years ago, to our son, Chris and his girlfriend, Cathy.

What can I say about sweet little Savannah?

Savannah was the first grandchild born to us after my husband and I were married. [He already had 2 before we met and married.] But this was the first after we were together. And we were at the hospital together after her birth. She had a very rough start in life. But she certainly turned around, and is a little whirlwind now! She is my very first grandchild, so she is extra special to me!

I haven’t seen my little sweetie in so long, not by choice…but that’s another story. So, I hold the memory of being with her in my heart. And cherish her all the more!

As for anniversaries, there is another one for December 12th! Yep! [I wrote previously about my parents anniversary on December 12th.] This one is for my mother’s parents, Henry Condar Dreher, Jr. and Irene Caroline Banet.



Henry [1902-1977] and Irene [1906-1989] were married on December 12th, 1923 in Indiana. They went on to have 5 children: Ethel, Arthur, Laura Marion, Billy, and Lois [my mother].

I have such fond memories of Grandma and Grandpa Dreher! So it isn’t hard to write a little toast for their anniversary!

Here’s to the couple who married when cold
December winds began to blow
From their youth to the age when old
Their love blossomed, they watched it grow

It blessed a family, now generations long
It grew beyond all measure
Something stronger than phrase or song
A love the family could treasure.



Happy Birthday Savannah! Grammie and Gramps love you!

Happy Anniversary Nana and Grandpa!

No comments: