Friday, December 18, 2009

Follow Friday - December 18, 2009

Today I'd like to introduce to one of my favorite blogs. AnceStories: The Stories of My Ancestors written by genealogist Miriam Robbins Midkiff

This wonderfully educating, and enjoyable to read, site, always leaves you wanting to know more! Miriam has a way of putting you right there with either herself or her ancestors. Her writing style is both enjoyable and entertaining.

Miriam writes, or co-authors, the following blogs:

The Eastern Washington Graveyard Rabbit

&Etc

AnceStories: The Stories of My Ancestors

Eastern Washington Genealogical Society Blog - Co-Authors

AnceStories 2: Stories of Me for My Descendants

Online Historical Directories

Bootcamp for Genea-Bloggers - Co-Authors

The Atlas Project

Miriam lists her bio on this site as:
"I speak and write about genealogy from Spokane, Washington, USA, as well as teach both beginning and intermediate courses in Online Genealogy through my local community college district. My regular career is working with special needs students at the junior high level in my local school district. I consider three locations my "home" and blog frequently about them: Alaska (where I was born and grew up); Michigan (where most of my genealogical research takes place); and Eastern Washington (my residence since 1979). My family includes my husband, two teens, and a playful tabby named Tessa."

AnceStories is one of my all-time favorite reads, and I never miss a post. If you aren't yet receiving Miriam's blog in your reader, I urge you to subscribe to her blog. It's a read you will certainly enjoy!

2 comments:

Dr. Bill (William L.) Smith said...

Excellent choice! I concur!

Bill ;-)

http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/

Miriam Robbins said...

I just stumbled across this, so my thanks are late, but heartfelt. Merry Christmas!