Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Very First BIP Assignment

Okay, so the very first 2010 Blog Improvement Project is as follows:


"This task isn't about predicting how many hits or comments you'd like to have in a year's time, as that is hard to estimate and not easily controllable, but about writing a specific list of things you'd like to achieve in the design, and content of your blog. By improving the quality of your site, the number of visitors should increase without you having to focus on the statastics."

With no further adieu, here is my list:

1] Improve comment friendliness of site so that readers may comment freely.

2] Make ease of subscribing to the site's posts a priority.

3] Insure meta tags are used with each post.

4] Engage social media integration with each post [Twitter] Facebook, etc.]

I write, not because I want a pat on the back, but because it is one of my three great passions: genealogy, writing and reading. [Should ever I lose my eyesight - God forbid! - I would be less than a person, because I exist for those three activities!] I do not use the term passion loosely!

However, if by blogging, I can encourage others to pursue either one of these three great passions, then it will have been a passion shared, and a passion worth having.

No comments: