Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sentimental Sunday - 14 February 2010

I couldn't show you anything that I am more sentimental about on this "Sentimental Sunday", or on this Valentine's Day, than the love of my life.

And yes, here we are, back on Febrary 27, 1998. Just a few minutes after we said "I do"..

We were married in a small church along Kitchen Creek, in Covington, Alleghany County, Virginia by Rev. Jackie Hollowell. The Church was the Lone Star Baptist Church [we thought it was wonderfully suited for our wedding since he is from Texas; the "Lone Star State"!]

Only my parents, my sister and her husband, my niece and her husband, three of my children [who all stood up with us] and the friend who introduced us, were present.

Here you can see the tiny assembly! We chose to keep it small since it wasn't the first marriage for either of us.

Immediately following the ceremony we spent a week in Monroe, Virginia where the other two children were in school. We visited Natural Bridge, where we hiked to the falls and toured the wax museum, and ate out daily and acted like teenagers!

At the head of Natural Bridge Falls on our honeymoon.

We will soon be celebrating our 12th anniversary together. It isn't hard to believe that it's been 12 years. What is hard to believe is that we haven't ALWAYS been together!

There is an old saying, and while I may not get it totally correct, I'm sure you'll catch the meaning of it: "You cannot tell where the one ends and the other begins."

That is us. And my memories of the awful years before he came into my life are fading away.I can scarce recall a time when he was not in my life, and made my life a happy place.

I so want that to be what my descendants find when they go looking for us in the years far away. That where we were, was a happy place. And we were together - ALWAYS.

Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Dr. Bill (William L.) Smith said...

I am so happy for you! Thanks for sharing. ;-)

Unknown said...

Beautiful tribute to the Love of Your Life.