Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday - M. Wigant

M. Wigant
[unk]                                                1978

Okay, so this another of those photos that marks me as the "odd one" in my family!

The stone above is of no one who is of any relation to me, It simply seemed to "call to me". When the hubby and I were driving through Colorado in 2005 we stopped and walked through the Walk's Camp ME Cemetery, in Genoa, Lincoln County.

This "stone" just stood out to me as so sad! One can only imagine the story that must be behind it. But it is simply a funeral home marker that has been embedded in concrete.

2 comments:

Joan said...

Yesterday when I was taking a picture for FindaGrave, I came upon a similar grave marker. There was a sense of sadness, but yet a sense of pride to make sure that very small marker stood the test of time. Thanks for reminding me of what I felt --- but put in the back of my mind.

Amy Coffin, MLIS said...

I've run across many of these in western Louisiana: big above ground tombs and simple markers.