Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sentimental Sunday - A Juice Glass By Any Other Name

On Sentimental Thursday this week, I introduced you to my fabulous pink depression glass berry bowl. Today let me introduce you to my marvellous pink depression glass juice tumbler.

This adorable little tumbler stands about 4-1/2 inches tall. You can see the slight etched detail at the top in this photograph.

My baby sister, again! She gave me this lovely treat to add to my collection. She knows it went back in our family. To our Mama? To our Grandma? She can't remember.

But that's okay. Because you see, it belongs in my "Sentimental Sunday" collection, simply because it came from her to me.

As my good genealogy friends say, "Ain't families grand?"

I hope you have something extra special to show from someone you treasure in your family this Sunday. It isn't the "something" you have that means so much, it's the memory or memories that that "something" evokes.

And the answer to the question above?

You betcha!!!

2 comments:

Dr. Bill (William L.) Smith said...

Neat!
May you keep sharing your ancestor stories!

Bill ;-)

http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/
Author of "Back to the Homeplace"
and "13 Ways to Tell Your Ancestor Stories"

Lori H said...

A great memory and it's pretty too! You can beat that!