Sunday, May 30, 2010

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Come Sunday Morning

As per my usual, I didn't read Randy Seaver's challenge at Genea-Musings until this morning! With that said, here was Randy's challenge:

Your mission, should you decide to accept it (come on, don't be a party pooper...) is:


1) Open up the genealogy software program of your choice.


2) Think about two special people in your family tree (your parents? your spouse? a famous person? a distant cousin? yourself?).


3) Use the Relationship Calculator in the software to determine the relationship between the two special people. If you don't know where to find the Relationship Calculator, go to the Help button and find out. Follow the directions!


4) Tell us about it in a blog post on your own blog, in a comment to this post on my blog, or in a Note or comment on Facebook.

With that in mind, I thought about all of the individuals in my family tree, and just who would I really like to see in the relationship calculator of my FTM program!
 
So, I thought about the dozens and dozens of veterans in my tree. Those who are direct ancestry, and those who are in those extensive extended family files!
 
And I thought about Frederick Honaker. I don't know why. He just simply popped into my head.
 
Frederick Honaker isn't a member of my direct ancestral tree.
 
Honaker was born 1757 in we suspect Virginia, to Hans Jacob Honnegar and Mary Goetz. He was one of at least 14 children born to the couple.
 
Frederick Honaker married Rachel Wiseman before 04 Sep 1822, probably in Monroe County, [W]VA. Rachel was the daughter of Isaac Wiseman Jr. and Elizabeth Davis. She was born 01 Mar 1769 in Berks Co., PA. She and Frederick had their first child in Monroe County on 04 Sep 1822.
 
Honaker served as a Private in the VA Militia during the Revolutionary War.
 
Honaker died in 1824 and is buried at the Old Rehobeth Church Cemetery, in Keenan, Monroe, WV.
 
There is a relationship between Honaker and I when put into the Relationship Calculator of my FTM program. So what is it?
 
Frederick Honaker was the husband of my 3rd-great aunt.
 
Yes, you see, my relationship to his wife is as follows:
 
Cynthia Ann Beane > Walter M. Beane > John Monroe Bean> William M. Bean > Rachel Wiseman > Joseph Wiseman > Isaac Wiseman Jr. [Rachel Wiseman's father]. My great-great-grandmother was actually named after her aunt, Rachel. And so by marriage, I am indeed related to this Frederick Honaker.
 
Thanks Randy, for another great SNGF challenge!

No comments: