Thursday, April 22, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday - Floral Cards


I don't think I've ever seen this sort of family collective before on GeneaBloggers, or elsewhere! So perhaps I may seem a bit strange.

I have always collected the floral cards from arrangements that were sent to our deceased families funerals. It gives me a unique insight into those who thought well of the family member.

The above is only a small number of the many floral cards that were collected from my Grandpa John Bean's funeral in April of 1954.

Am I alone in this type of collecting?

2 comments:

Harriet said...

My Mom saved the floral cards from my Grandparents, and my Dad. I guess I thought everyone kept them so I don't think you are strange at all.

TK said...

I haven't seen a collection like this before, but I think it's a great idea. I'm inspired to go check a couple of funeral guest books that have come into my hands and see if there are any floral cards tucked in there.