Sunday, February 6, 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History - Week #6 Radio & Television

More prompts:

Week #6 – Radio & Television

Week 6: Radio & Television.  What was your favorite radio or television show from your childhood? What was the program about and who was in it?

James Arness starred as Matt Dillon in GUNSMOKE.
As a child, I think my favorite television show was probably Gunsmoke with James Arness starring as Matt Dillon. Bonanza starring Lorne Greene, Pernell Roberts, Dan Blocker and Michael Landon came in right up there as well. Both were westerns, and I couldn't wait for either of them to come on each week.
BONANZA starred from left to right:
Pernell Roberts, Lorne Greene, Michael Landon, and Dan Blocker
Sadly all four are gone now.

Today when I watch reruns of these old shows, I am reminded of the values we, as a nation, shared during those days. The late 50's and early 60's was a time of great promise and comfort. Life was good!

I certainly miss those kinds of programs, and would love to see the same today!

No comments: