Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tombstone Tuesday - Viranda Elizabeth "Betty" Bean Hedrick

ELIZABETH B. HEDRICK
JUNE 25, 1862
SEPT. 20, 1952

I’ve recently been working on a surprise gift for my Dad for Christmas. It’s a pictorial and document history of our Bean family. He has often told me he wished he could find a way to put all of this information in a book. So, I am compiling a history through photographs and documents [birth, death, marriage, census, etc.] for him for Christmas.
            It’s going to be a HUGE book! But definitely worthwhile if it makes my Daddy smile at me come Christmas morning!
            I was reminded of how special my Dad thought his Aunt Betty was. More than once I recall his saying that she had a “sweet disposition” [my Dad isn’t one to freely give compliments regarding anyone… so when he does…they’re pretty darn special!]
            Viranda Elizabeth Bean was born to William McHarvey Bean [1832-1890] and his wife, Margaret Smith [Perkins] Bean [1826-1891]. She married James Joseph Hedrick [1859-1934] in 1879 in Monroe County, West Virginia. The couple had 11 children.
            Aunt Betty is buried at Salem Presbyterian Church Cemetery in Organ Cave, Greenbrier, West Virginia.


1 comment:

SeaThreePeeO said...

Great post. I hope your dad loves his gift. I know I would love agift like that.

Beneath Thy Feet