Saturday, August 4, 2012

SNGF - Genealympics Week 2

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to COMPETE in the 2012 SNGF Genealympics. Your effort can extend until Sunday, 12 August.

For these 2012 SNGF Genealympics, the motto is "Research, Cite, Analyze, Resolve, Conclude!"
[There are several ways to compete, here's the event I have chosen]

b) The Source Citation Vault: What is your ratio of source citations to persons in your genealogy software or online tree database? Tell us:

* How many persons are in your database?

* How many source citations are in your database?
* Determine your source citation to persons ratio by dividing source citations by persons (e.g., 2,000 source citations divided by 3,000 persons gives a ratio of 0.667.)

Medal Awards:
* Bronze: Ratio of 0.333 or more
* Silver: Ratio of 0.667 or more
* Gold: Ratio of 1.000 or more
* Diamond: Ratio of 1.333 or more
* Platinum: Ratio of 1.667 or more




There are a total of 19,814 individuals indexed my FTM program. And there are 12,371 source citations [or 12,371/19,814].







This gives me a ratio of 0.624356,  or 62%.


Not quite enough to rank a Silver medal, so I guess I go home with Bronze on this one! [Sure let's me know I need to improve those stats!]

Thanks Randy for another great challenge! We appreciate your SNGF events!





No comments: