Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories - December 20

December 20th - Religious Services
Did your family attend religious services during the Christmas season? What were the customs and traditions involved?

I was raised in a Southern Baptist home, until my teen years where we were for a time members of the Church of the Nazarene [known as Nazarene's]. Christmas pageants were prevalent each year. Sometimes communion was held. Other times not. Sometimes the advent was observed, and at others not.

A few years ago, my family reverted back to their Southern Baptist roots. While I became a minister with a non-denominational church. Today, I do not attend a church, but rather commune daily in private.

Often a Christmas contata was held. And these, being somewhat musical, I enjoyed much more than pageants. Even as a child!

Did your family attend Christmas services at church? If so, what customs and traditions were observed?

No comments: