Saturday, December 31, 2011

52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy - Week 1

Week #1 – Blogs

Week 1 – Blogs: Blogging is a great way for genealogists to share information with family members, potential cousins and each other. For which blog are you most thankful? Is it one of the earliest blogs you read, or a current one? What is special about the blog and why should others read it?

Which blog am I MOST thankful for? Hands down it is Dick Eastman's Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter. If you can't find it on EOGN , then chances are it hasn't even been written about yet!

EOGN is up-to-date and informative about not only genealogy, but technology as well. It was one of the very first genealogy blogs/ newsletters I read, and it's still my go to. Several times a day I open my reader [you can get one here] and catch the latest updates from Dick. And what is so amazing is that Dick encourages you to share his articles in your own newsletters and blogs! He's just that  kind of sharing guy!

I encourage everyone, new to genealogy, or an old hand at it, to be reading Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter, it's the best there is.

1 comment:

Amy Coffin, MLIS said...

Thank you for participating in the Abundant Genealogy series. I hope you enjoy it!

I agree with you on EOGN. It's a gem!