Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Fearless Females - March 17

Thanks to the Accidental Genealogist for the Blogging Prompts for Fearless Females for March!


March 17 — Social Butterfly? What social organizations or groups did your mother or grandmother belong to? Sewing circle, church group, fraternal benefit society or lodge? Describe her role in the group.

Other than my mother, if any of my female ancestors belonged to any social organizations, I am not aware of them.

My mother, however, was quite active in the church. She was a member of the Women’s Prayer Group, The Missionary Society, and was treasurer of the church for many, many years. She always took a leadership role in the groups which she was active in. She was a deaconess of the Church of the Nazarene.

1 comment:

FranE said...

I have read your posts on the females in your history. I thought the one on Dolly Madison particularly
interesting.
I think many of our female pioneer ancestors were so busy that a quilting party was considered a luxury.
Thanks for your posts.