Wednesday, July 16, 2008

File Photos

I've often been asked where I find some of my file photos. Naturally, most have been sent to me by family or friends of the family. These have allowed me to amass a rather large photo collection of family members and of graves.

But there are four places that I frequent quite often that I'd like to share with you. All on the World Wide Web!

One of my favorite places to just browse is Dead Fred. This is a wonderful archive of old portraits and photographs. Many are unidentified. But most are listed by the subjects name. You are also invited to post your own old photos there as well to share with others.

Another good site is Family Old Photos It is quite similar to the Dead Fred site.

My favorite site to locate graves is at Find-A-Grave Here you will find "Millions" of graves recorded. Many with photographs of the grave and many with photographs of the deceased individual. Excellent! You can search by the individual's name, or the cemetery name if you know it.

And the last one I use is Interment This site is great for the newly deceased as it also posts obituaries.

All four are sites that I highly recommend and that I utilize on an almost daily basis.

Add these to your Favorites!

Enjoy!
CBH

No comments: