Saturday, June 25, 2011

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun.. Number 1 Songs

Another great challenge from Randy Seaver  over at Genea Musings:

Hey geneaphiles - it's Saturday Night, time for more Genealogy Fun!!!

Tonight, we're going to go down memory lane a bit.

1) What was the #1 song on the day you were born? Or on your birthday when you were 15? Or when you married? Or some other important date in your life.

2) Go to http://www.thisdayinmusic.com/birthdayno1 and enter the date and select from UK, US or Australia record lists. Note: the first date available is 1 January 1946.

Alternatively, go to http://www.joshhosler.biz/ and enter the month and date and see a list of songs for each year since 1940.

3) Tell us what your results are (If you are sensitive about your age, don't list the date or year... ) on a blog post of your own, a comment to this post, or in a Facebook status line or note. 

Armed with the links provided by Randy, I entered my birthdate at the first web-stop:
04 Nov 1959.

The results? Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin [that explains why I was always attracted to Bobby Darin songs, and this one in particular! "Oh when the shark bites...."]

Heading on over to web-stop number two I put in the appropriate date and was given the same song!!!

Age 15, from web-stop #1 was 04 Nov 1974:
You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet - by BTO [Bachman Turner Overdrive for those who don't know!] Woo-hoo! Great memories from that one! What a song to dance to! LOL

And web-stop number 2 for the same year was the same BTO  song! [Good to see the results were consistent! LOL]

And on our wedding day? 27 Feb 1998:
From web-stop #1: My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion. Now that is one heck of a song!!!
From web-stop #2: Once again consistency! The same Celine Dion song, My Heart Will Go On.

Thanks Randy for this special walk down Memory Lane. I'm sure I can speak for everyone who accepts this challenge, that we thoroughly enjoyed this special visit to the past! Memories came flooding back, and I had a blast!

Now, if I could just get Bobby Darin's singing out of my head, I could probably concentrate on a little genealogy this evening!

No comments: