Sunday, August 8, 2010

SNGF - Come Sunday Afternoon!

I know... I know... I'm always "a day late and a dollar short"!

Last night Randy Seaver, over at Genea-Musings  offered us the following challenge:

"Calling all Genea-Musings readers -- it's Saturday Night, time for more Genealogy Fun!


Your mission, should you decide to accept it, and I hope that you do, is to:

1) Think about how you want your gravestone to look. What do you want on it as a genealogist? As a child, sibling, parent, spouse, friend? Maybe some sort of witty saying?

2) Tell us about it in text, or create your own gravestone using the online services of companies like Headstones and Memorials. Remember that you have only a limited space to work with and that the bigger they are, the more costly they are.

3) Show us your stone, or what you would put on the stone, in your own blog post, in a comment to this post, or in a Facebook status or comment."

And so, accepting the challenge, I went to the site Randy recommended for this challenge. And yes, I had to follow Randy's lead, step by step, to preserve my inspired artistry! But nonetheless, here is mine below:



I'd like for both of us to be remembered as beloved parents of our six children, Twyla, Chris, David, Debbie, Micheal and Crystal. While all of the children are parented with another spouse [his one and my five] we dearly love our family, and hope they realize the depth of that love!

You'll also note that together
"They Have Fought The Good Fight".
This sentiment is in keeping with the quote from St. Paul
"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith"
II Timothy 4:7

You will also notice that I have our death dates as June 11, 2049. That is because I am forever telling the hubby he can't die before he is 100, and he cannot die before me as I would be lost without him!

Therefore, we'll both live until then!!!

What fun, Randy!

And what inspiration for those we leave behind!!!

No comments: