Friday, September 20, 2013

Follow Friday...Hack Genealogy

For those of you who know me, you know that I don't easily recommend genealogy sites, unless I have tried them and had excellent results with them. [I am a choosy girl after all!]

Today I would like to take a minute and recommend Hack Genealogy  for your use.

Written by none other than Thomas MacEntee
[photo from Facebook.com]
 
...one of the better known genealogy "guru's" of our time, Hack Genealogy touts this by line on it's website:
 
"Hack Genealogy is about “re-purposing today’s technology for tomorrow’s genealogy” and a little bit more. Hack Genealogy is more than just a list of resources. Hack Genealogy provides information on emerging technology inside and outside the genealogy industry. Hack Genealogy wants readers to understand how others succeed in genealogy."
 
Thomas is an excellent teacher and speaker. He has written several informative and helpful books on tools for the genealogist. And this website is especially helpful for the new genealogist.
 
I highly recommend Hack Genealogy as a place to turn to when you are exploring technology within the parameters of genealogy. I truly believe you will find it helpful and insightful.

No comments: