Friday, November 2, 2012

Family Recipe Friday - My Breadmaker Bread

I have been posting recipes that were both from my grandmothers, and also those which I raised my family on, and which remain tried and true in our household to this day.
Here’s one which I make several times a week! We use to supplement meals, as well as for sandwiches and snacks!

My breadmaker bread. This recipe will make a 1 ½ -pound loaf of white bread.

INGREDIENTS:
1-cup cold water
2-tablespoons cooking oil
2-tablespoons sugar
1-teaspoon salt
3-cups all purpose bread flour
1 tablespoon yeast

DIRECTIONS:
Make sure your breadmaker pan is spotless clean.
Add ingredients in the order given. Simply pour into the bread baking pan. When you are adding the final ingredient, yeast, make a small “well” in the flour and pour the yeast into the hole.
I set my machine for “medium” [which takes 3 hours to process].
When your machine beeps to let you know the baking cycle is complete, remove from machine, and place the pan on a cooling rack. Allow the bread to cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from the3 pan and setting on the rack. I usually cover the bread with a clean tea towel until it is completely cool before slicing and storing for use.
You can also cut it immediately after removing from the pan if you want to serve it hot with a meal.
****You can remove the dough after the second kneading and shape into rolls, and place on a baking sheet that has been prepared with non-stick cooking spray. Cover with a clean towel and allow to rise once more about 35-40 minutes. When finished rising, remove towel, using a brush, cover with melted butter and bake at 350-degrees for about 18-minutes or until golden brown. Makes delicious dinner rolls!

No comments: