Friday, November 9, 2012

Family Recipe Friday - Jenny's Indian Corn Pudding


Getting things ready for Thanksgiving? Here’s one of my favorite recipes for Thanksgiving Day, corn pudding!
It’s not a recipe handed down in my family, but it has come to me through family. Well, kind of. Sort of. Well, indirectly. Well…….
My dear brother-in-law [my sister’s hubby] and his brother and sister-in-law and my sister get together a lot. And the couple has often joined our family on holidays at the farm the four of them own. Well, Jenny is always asked to make this delicious dish. And this is the recipe she shared with me. Now… whether she is there or not… I always have Indian Corn Pudding in my Thanksgiving Dinner menu. Of course, if Jenny is joining us… I beg, [even been known to plead and wail!] for her to make the dish. It’s always best when she makes it!

 Indian Corn Pudding
Ingredients:
 1/2 cup flour
 1 teaspoon salt
 4 teaspoons sugar
 3 tablespoons butter, melted
 2 cups fresh or frozen thawed whole kernel corn, cooked
 4 large eggs
 4 cups milk
Preparation:
Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly butter a casserole dish In a medium bowl whisk together & combine flour, salt, and sugar; mix in corn and melted butter. Beat eggs and add to milk. Stir into the corn mixture.
Place in oven for 10 minutes. Remove and stir with long prong fork, disturbing the top as little as possible.
Return to the oven for 10 more minutes. Repeat stirring procedure.
Return to oven for 10 more minutes. Repeat stirring procedure.
Return to oven for 10 - 15 minutes. Top should be lightly brown and pudding should be firm.

No comments: