Sunday, July 24, 2011

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun.. Come Sunday Morning!

Thanks to Randy over at GeneaMusings  for yet another great Saturday night challenge!

"Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:

1) Write a poem about "Where I'm From" using the template found at the website http://www.swva.net/fred1st/wif.htm

2) Tell us about it in a blog post of your own, in a comment to this blog post, or in a Google Plus or Facebook note."

Okay, so here I took the template and simply filled in the blanks, without truly using my imagination, which is sorely taxed this morning!!!

Where I'm From

I am from hard drives, from Dell and Hewlett Packard.

I am from the two-story, farm, with nine-panes and white clapboard.

I am from the mountain laurel, the pine, and the locust.

I am from gathering  and hard-work, from Bean and Faudree and Dreher and Banet and adopted into the Henry.

I am from the lovers  and quarellers and the fruitful.

From spaghetti growers and Cheerio raisers.

I am from Methodist and Catholic, with belief in God the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit.

I'm from Indiana and West Virginia, ham and venison and poke salad.

From the follower of Cornwallis, the settler in the mountains, and the immigrant looking for a land to farm.

I am from the flash drive hiding the secrets yet to be told and those that remain hidden. Perhaps forever.

Thanks Randy, for yet another great time! Loved this one just as much as all the others!!!

No comments: