Saturday, March 10, 2012

SNGF - How Many Surnames

Thanks to Randy over at Genea-Musings for this latest Saturday Night Genealogy Fun!

It's Saturday Night - time for more Genealogy Fun!

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:

1) Go into your Genealogy Management Program (GMP; either software on your computer, or an online family tree) and figure out how to Count how many surnames you have in your family tree database. I Had to use the search function under Help to find out how to do this!

2) Tell us which GMP you're using and how you did this task. I am using Family Tree Maker 2010. I opened up the tree I use for my personal family files, which includes both my family tree and my husbands. Open Plan -> Tree [desired tree] -> Options

3) Tell us how many surnames are in your database and, if possible, which Surname has the most entries. If this excites you, tell us which surnames are in the top 5! Or 10! 3,121 surnames. Top 5 surnames are: [#1 being the one with the most names] #5: Henry; #4: Banet; #3 Wiseman; #2: Beane; #1: Bean

4) Write about it in your own blog post, in a comment to this blog post, in a status or comment on Facebook, or in Google Plus Stream post.
Thanks again Randy for a great Saturday evening challenge! Can't wait for next week!

No comments: