Thursday, September 8, 2011

Treasure Chest Thursday

I was sitting and thinking the other day about my travels throughout Europe when I was younger, and maybe, I thought, turning some of my photographs from those trips into a book for my children, who are now all adults. [Gasp... take a breath here!]

Such as...
Bavaria - 1980

Berlin  - 1980

Dechsendorff Lake - 1980
My oldest son Chris is in the stroller.

Amsterdam

Barcelona

Carthage


Nuremburg

Corinth

Paris

Erlangen


Florence



Eze

French Riveria


Frankfurt

Our apartment in Furth.

Freihung

Grafenwoehr


The colliseum at Delphi


Ibiza


Pisa



And there are so many more! Almost as many as of my year long jaunt across the US in 2005!

They might be of interest to my children or grandchildren one day.

Many people comment on the travels I have made, but what few have come to know is that it was all done on a military wife's budget! While stationed in Europe, I took ITT tours at a vastly reduced rate, and often stayed at hostels and cheap inns. Believe me, there was nothing glamorous about my accommodations! But the memories are such wonderful ones, simply for the sights I have seen!

My jaunt across the US? It was as a navigator and bookkeeper for a truck driver! Most of those pictures were taken from a moving truck using high speed shutter settings on my camera! LOL

Still, I do wonder... will one of the children consider a book of my travels a treasure one day?

Perhaps I WILL print that book after all!






No comments: