Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Tuesday's Temptations


Shhhh!

I'm gonna share a secret recipe with you! The easiest cookies you have ever made in your life! Takes only 4 ingredients and about 30 minutes from start to dipping in the milk!

When my children were all in elementary school they made a recipe book for Mother's Day for me. Full of delicious recipes that other mother's from the school had donated for the booklet. I really didn't see much I hadn't seen before. But my youngest son, Micheal, did. He saw a recipe for peanut butter cookies. And he made them himself. He was probably 9 or 10 at the time. And they were delicious.

Before long, Micheal was making the cookies all the time! And they were so inexpensive to make, and easy that we were soon calling them Micheal's secret recipe cookies! 

I'm feeling a little nostalgic today, and thought I'd whip up a batch. And so I thought perhaps you'd enjoy getting a taste of Micheal's Secret Recipe Cookies, as well. (Now, let me let you in a secret...not long ago I came across a recipe card that my Granny Dreher had written down for me when I started housekeeping as a new bride. And guess what...that very same recipe was written on it. I'd had the recipe the whole time!) But I'll always call them Micheal's Secret Recipe Cookies. Ahhh….I miss those days!

Micheal's Secret Recipe Cookies

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.

Yield: 2 dozen cookies

1 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract

Mix all ingredients well.
Drop by teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Flatten with fork dipped in sugar.
Bake approximately 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
Cool on wire racks completely before serving.

Yes, that really is it! Betcha never made any cookies any simpler! And they are delicious! 





No comments: