Saturday, October 27, 2012

SNGF - The Music Generator

Well, Randy Seaver has certainly outdone himself this time! [And may have permanently scarred my ears for life! ha ha]

Here's the challenge from GeneaMusings  as presented by Randy:

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:
1)  Go to www.p22.com/musicfont/ and enter a text phrase or sentence into the P22 Music Text Composition Generator.  Enter a file name, the beats per minute you want (120 is slow, 1200 is really fast), and the instrument (from the dropdown list).

2)  Play your music text composition.  Can you find a way to put it on your blog?  
3)  Tell us about your musical text compositions - what did you try, what sounded great?  Have fun!

Well, I followed the instructions.

And I wrote the following to generate my "lovely" composition:
Genealogy is so much fun
I work from morn till day is done
I can never get enough
Of this family tree stuff.

Believe me, a cat squalling on a hot tin roof sounds better than my composition! These words do not generate lovely, or even "cute" music my friends!

Although I don't recommend it, you can listen if you really must!
Here it is. [Click here to listen.]

I did enjoy it so much however! And thanks so much Randy for an evening challenge that is so much fun!

Have a great evening everyone! [I'm heading back to the Music Generator just to play awhile!]

No comments: