Thursday, January 12, 2012

Treasure Chest Thursday - A Blue Transferware Plate

I have many things in my house which I treasure, and while not all of them have been passed down to me, they are things that have been given to me. And these are things that I hope one day my grandchildren, or my great-grandchildren can say, "This belonged to my grandmother/ great-grandmother, and I treasure it simply because it was special to her."

So, for the next few weeks, we'll be taking a stroll through my house on Thursday's, giving you a peak at all of my "treasures".


This is a large [14"] serving plate. Blue transferware. Probably from around 1910-1920.
This was a gift from my sister, who collects antiques. She literally took this from her collection and gave to me, simply because I admired it.

Isn't it a treasure?

1 comment:

CJ Foss said...

I love the plate, the sentiment, and your sister. Treasures all.