Thursday, August 11, 2011

Treasure Chest Thursday - Faudree's Photos


While this isn't the clearest of snapshots, I have scanned these for better clarity, but wanted to give you an idea of what the originals actually looked like.

These tiny little portraits are a pair that my Grandma Bean kept tucked away in a small leather photo folder. Always kept in her undies drawer, and sedom brought out for us to see, these were my Grandma Bean's parents. The portraits were done about the turn of the century, hen my Grandma was about 3 years of age.

One the left is Elizabeth Carnefix FAUDREE [1861-1929] and on the right i Stephen Ledford FAUDREE [1857-1929]. [The couple died within 6 months of each other.] They had 10 children, my grandmother, Mary Elizabeth, being their eighth-born child.

Elizabeth's portrait is about the size of a quarter, while Stephen's almost as big as a half-dollar coin. Grandma treasured these tiny portraits. And as the one who keeps them now, I do as well. While I never knew either, I feel their presence with me often. And I know Grandma is looking on with pride.

No comments: