It's Saturday Night again - time for some more Genealogy Fun!!
Here is your assignment if you choose to play along (cue the Mission Impossible music, please!):
1) How old is one of your grandfathers now, or how old would he be if he had lived? Divide this number by 4 and round the number off to a whole number. This is your "roulette number."
2) Use your pedigree charts or your family tree genealogy software program to find the person with that number in your ancestral name list (some people call it an "ahnentafel"). Who is that person?
3) Tell us three facts about that person in your ancestral name list with the "roulette number."
4) Write about it in a blog post on your own blog, in a Facebook note or comment, or as a comment on this blog post.
5) If you do not have a person's name for your "roulette number" then spin the wheel again - pick a grandmother, or yourself, a parent, a favorite aunt or cousin, or even your children!
Thanks Randy for another great prompt!!!
So here's mine:
1] My grandfather, John Monroe Bean, was born in 1866. If he was alive, he would be 145 years old.
Divided by 4 would be 36.25, or rounded to 36.
2] Number 36 on my Ahnentafel is James Perkins.
3] James Perkins:
1] was born 21 November 1741 in Virginia
2] died on 25 March 1825 in Greenbrier County, [West] Virginia
3] married Elizabeth Bonderant