Saturday, October 23, 2010

SNGF - Same Birthday As Yours?

Randy Seaver over at Genea-Musings  has issued tonights challenge:

"Hey there, Genealogy Jedis - it's Saturday Night - time for more Genealogy Fun!

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:

1)  Is there a person in your genealogy database that has the same birth date that you do?  If so, tell us about him or her - what do you know, and how is s/he related to you?

2)  For bonus points, how did you determine this?  What feature or process did you use in your software to work this problem out?  I think the Calendar feature probably does it, but perhaps you have a trick to make this work outside of the calendar function.

That's it - go for it - use your Genealogy Jedi lightsword to cut through your genealogy database to solve this task!  May the genea-force be with you!"

Okay, so I'll admit, I'm a bit slow sometimes, and I wouldn't have been able to figure out to simply use the calendar function in my FTM program to find this one! So, simply put, thanks Randy for the heads up on how to do this! LOL

When I used the FTM's calendar, I found out that there were several living relatives [including my own precious niece Taylor] with the same birthdate as my own [November 4th]. And there are 2 in my database from 158 years ago and 103 years ago, respectively. However, none are direct ancestors, but on those "cousin" lines.

Adelaide Bean Brewster would have been 158 years old on November 4th this year. And is so distantly cousin that I had to use the "Relationship Calculator" to determine that she is in fact... "No Relation" to me! Yep.... she falls into one of the Bean lines that I have been tracking, but which does not cross my own. So sad... our line is considered an "Orphan Line", as we can only go so far back... and then nothing. Even DNA testing has been no help.

The other person with a November 4th birthdate is Cody BEANE. Cody would have been 103 years old if he had lived on this November 4th.

Cody is in fact, my second-cousin, once removed.

Cody Beane was the son of Charles Allen Beane [1871-1959] and Sarah F. Barnette [1878-1966]. He was born 04 Nov. 1907 in St. Albans, Kanawha, WV.  He married Kathryn Stanley [1914-1976].

Cody's grandfather, Archibald Marmaduke Beane [1826-1899] was the brother of my great-grandfather, William M. Bean [1832-1891].

Cody died 27 Apr 1979 in Jackson, Ohio.

No comments: