Monday, November 24, 2014

Monday's Musings

Good morning everyone.

I am currently writing a novel based on my great-great-grandfather's life. There are several areas in it that are family lore, or in other words...have no factual  evidence on which to rest their tales.

So, for lack of evidence, I am adding those family lore pieces into the story, but I am having to add to the disclosure, that this is a piece of fiction, based on historical fact.









 
If you were unable to find facts for family lore which you were sure was the truth, what would you do? Would you include the disclosure? Or would you simply write the story, and never mention that you were unable to find fact for those bits and pieces of lore, which wouldn't change the overall reading of the book if left unspoken?
 
It's a bit of a dilemma. But I am weathering through, and noting fiction where fiction is added.
 
Have a blessed day as we move toward our Thanksgiving celebrations!

No comments: