Randy Seaver, over at GeneaMusings brings us another great Saturday Night Genealogy Fun challenge [which I did not get to until Sunday morning!].
Here's the challenge:
"Your mission, should you decide to accept it (cue the Mission Impossible! music) is to:
1) We're going to do a little bit of Semi-Random Research tonight...
2) Go to your family tree database of choice (you know, like RootsMagic, Reunion, Ancestry Member Tree), and determine who the very last person on your list of names is.
3) What do you know about this person based on your research? It's OK to do more if you need to - in fact, it's encouraged!
4) How are you related to this person, and why is s/he in your family tree?
5) Tell us about it in a blog post of your own, in a comment to this blogp post, or in a Facebook Status post or Google+ Stream post."
So I turned to my genealogy program [FTM 2010] and
[1-2] the last person in my database is Jane ZUMWALT. Now dear old Jane is actually my dh's gr-gr-gr-gr-grandmother.
 I know that Jane ZUMWALT was born 13 Mar 1806. Census records show that she was born in Tennessee. She married John BILLINGS [1803-1872] probably in the late 1830's. She was the mother of at least 3 children: Amanda Jane BILLINGS [1840-1916]; John BILLINGS; and Harriet BILLINGS. Jane died in 1873 in Gonzales County, Texas, where the family had lived for at least 25 years.
 I am related to Jane through my dear husband. Jane is his 4x great-grandmother.
Jane ZUMWALT m: John BILLINGS
l_ Amanda Jane BILLINGS m: George Culver Tennille
l_ Anne Caroline TENNILLE m: James Thomas CLEMENTS
l_ Laura May CLEMENTS m: William Jacob SPARKS
l_ Ora Lee SPARKS m: John Cornelius ROTGE
l_ Betty Louise ROTGE m: Joseph Wright Henry
l_ Johnnie Lee Henry
There is still so very much to learn about Jane ZUMWALT and her family. And I fully hope to find out what I can!
Thanks Randy for another great challenge! Because of this challenge...we discovered Harriet BILLINGS, whom we did not previously know of!
We look forward to next weeks challenge!