Here's another great challenge by Randy Seaver!
Hey genealogy buffs - it's Saturday Night again -- time for more Genealogy Fun!!
Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:
1) List your matrilineal line - your mother, her mother, etc. back to the first identifiable mother. Note: this line is how your mitochondrial DNA was passed to you!
2) Tell us if you have had your mitochondrial DNA tested, and if so, which Haplogroup you are in.
3) Post your responses on your own blog post, in Comments to this blog post, or in a Status line on Facebook or in your Stream at Google Plus.
4) If you have done this before, please do your father's matrilineal line, or your grandfather's matrilineal line, or your spouse's matriliuneal line.
5) Does this list spur you to find distant cousins that might share one of your matrilineal lines?
So here's my matrilineal line:
a) Cynthia Beane
b) Lois Dreher (b: 1938)
c) Irene Banet (1906-1988)
d) Adeline Eve (1867 - 1958)
e) Annette Unknown (1840-1870)
I have not had my mitochondrial DNA test done. However, this has encouraged me to do so!
Here's my father's matrilineal line:
Walter Beane (b: 1937)
Mary Faudree (1897-1975)
Elizabeth Carnefix (1861 - 1929)
Mary Susan Daugherty (b: 1834)
Rachel Lake (1800-1890)
Does this spur me into locating my distant cousins who may share the same matrilineal lines? By all means! A little something more on my list of things yet to do!