Monday, December 6, 2010

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories: December 6 - Santa Claus

DECEMBER 6 - SANTA CLAUS

Did you ever send a letter to Santa? Did you ever visit Santa and "make a list"? Do you still believe in Santa Claus?

Yes, I used to visit Santa! Up until I was about 10 years old! [About that time I got to be as big as the Santa's! I grew physically really fast! By the time I was 12 I was 5'10"!]

I can remember getting up on Santa's knee and snuggling close to him and whispering in his ear what I wanted for Christmas. I never made a list to take to him, though! I guess I was never so greedy as to wish for a whole bunch of things. I simply asked for three or four, and I was ecstatic when I got those things on Christmas morning!

Do I still believe in Santa Claus???

Of course I do! As a matter of fact, ask my dear grandson about him! Why, just this past night while we all slept, Santa's elves sneaked into our home and left a letter just for sweet little Jacob to find. It was a letter written by Santa himself!!!

Needless to say, we were all excited when we found the envelope this morning! And I was really disappointed.... cuz Santa didn't leave write me a letter, too!

But then... maybe he's just waiting to bring me that something special on Christmas Eve instead!!!

1 comment:

Diana Ritchie said...

I'm very sure that Santa won't forget you ~ but I think these things go in age-order so of course Jacob came first :-)