Monday, June 22, 2009

The Death Clock

I received Randy Seaver's "GeneaMusing's" blog for Saturday, June 20, 2009, in today's NewsGator feed. That post challenged everyone to go to The Death Clock and determine your date of death!

That's right!

Just go to the website. Input your date of birth, Mode [Normal, Pessimistic, Sadistic, Optimistic], your BMI [ a BMI calculator is located at the bottom of the page] and whether or not you smoke.

Being a bit overweight, I was a little leary of doing this.... but..... I went ahead and took the plunge.

At first I put in my exact information. My date of death came up January 16, 2034.

Next, I adjusted the BMI to where I was at my ideal body weight [IBW] for which I'd have to lose a few pounds. That corrected my date of death to January 16, 2039. So.... I gained 5 years exactly, just by losing weight!

In the first scenario I would die at the age of 74. The second, at the age of 79.

In both of the above I had input my MODE as Normal. So, for my final calculation, I changed my MODE to Optimistic. Now my new date of death is February 21, 2055!!!

Okay, so how do I gain that extra 21 years????

My new life motto is "Que se ra, se ra, whatever will be will be, the future's not ours to see, Que se ra, se ra!"

Come on now, Doris Day I ain't!!!

Who wants to live to be 95 anyway?????

Read my opinion on Randy's challenge at GeneaMusings.

No comments: