Saturday, May 19, 2018

How Many Ancestors Do You Have?

So, I actually found a cheat sheet for this! Wonderful to use. And I loved the idea of printing it out and laminating it, just to have for reference. But I didn't. (I can't steal someone else's cheat sheet!!)

But I wanted to be able to show you just how easy it is to determine how many ancestors you have. (There's no big mystery to it, really!)

Let's break this down:


HOW MANY ANCESTORS DO I HAVE


Parents = 2
Grandparents = 4
Great-Grandparents = 8
2nd Great-Grandparents = 16
3rd Great-Grandparents  = 32
4th Great-Grandparents  = 64
5th Great-Grandparents  = 128
6th Great-Grandparents = 256
7th Great-Grandparents = 512
8th Great-Grandparents = 1024
9th Great-Grandparents = 2048
10th Great-Grandparents = 4096



And ...I think you can figure it out from there!

I hope this helps make it a little easier for you to figure out. And yes....I give you my permission to print this out and laminate it if you want! Here's some great, easy laminate to use. These would be the perfect size for printing and laminating small items like this!




1 comment:

Jenny said...

This is so crazy when you stop to think about it. And how quickly each generation is forgotten!

I can remember one grandparent...that's it. I know the names of my great grandparents & can look up farther back than that.

My husband on the other hand actually has real life memories of 11 grandparents! He remembers 4 grandparents, 6 great-grandparents & 1 great-great grandparent. How lucky he is. I am constantly asking him to tell stories of things he did with each one.

Sadly, our son will only remember three grandparents & one great-grandparent....more than me at least. Our grandson does have three great-grandparents living & all of his grandparents.

Time goes so quickly & we are forgotten.