Thursday, October 10, 2013

Treasure Chest Thursday - The Places We Ate

Back in the day.... too many years ago to mention.... on special occasions we would go out to dinner. Eating out was not an every day occasion, or even an every week occasion, like it is today. Back then...Mama's cooked dinner every single day. And fast food [burgers, fries, and malts] were for treats and NOT for regular dinner! Eating at a restaurant, with a waitress and a regular table, well, they were kept for special occasions.

One occasion that I always got to choose the restaurant for was my birthday. From the time I was about 5 years old, I always chose Shoney's Big Boy restaurant. I loved the food. But it was really the dessert I was after!

 
Mama always either made me a special cake, or bought me a bakery cake. But when we went to Shoney's Big Boy, I also got to bring home my favorite dessert!
 
 
Mama and Daddy would let me get a whole pie, and we'd bring it home to have it there for dessert. It was the yummiest part of my birthday celebration!
 
It's still one of my favorite desserts, although today the strawberries just don't seem as sweet as they used to way back when. But then nothing does.


No comments: