Thursday, June 26, 2008

June 26, 2008

Try, Try, Try Again!

Today I received a new contract, and I have spent the entire day working on it.

Just when I thought I couldn't locate any more information for this client, BAM! Along comes another break and I am inundated with information!

I love tying families together with Census Records. This is a great tool for building family trees. Not only can we find family members who may, or may not, have survived in family history passed down to us, but we can also see just how often family members have moved!

In searching for family members prior to 1900, when transportation was extremely different from that of today, I am often amazed at how often, and at what great distances our forbears traveled and moved!

Today alone I witnessed a man who was born in 1827 in Ohio, who moved from Ohio, to Indiana, to Illinois, to Missouri, and finally to Kansas, all by 1860. And in 1885 his 90 year old mother moved from Ohio to join him in Kansas! Wow! Can you imagine?

I always count it a privilege to work for my clients. And I don't believe there has been a single client yet who I have NOT given free hours of service to! I often don't charge for an hour here, or two hours there. I get so lost up in the moment that I find it is not only entertaining for me, but it truly is MY PASSION!

I hope that you are doing what you are passionate about, too. When you can work at a job that is your passion, well, it just doesn't seem like work at all!

Blessings to All!
CBH

No comments: